Server Technology CSG-48V57425A1/CLG-48V57425A1* intelligent PDU
The Smart Cabinet Power Distribution Units (CDU) provide reliable power distribution combined with local and remote power monitoring and environmental monitoring via IP. Use the network interface to view power, temperature and
humidity levels via Web browser, or receive SNMP-based alarms and email alerts when conditions exceed dened thresholds.
The Sentry POPS Smart CDU CSG-48V5 415V 60A is a mixed outlet Cabinet Power Distribution Unit with the network and serial-based power monitoring and alerting capabilities of the Smart Cabinet CDU plus the ability to monitor:
Combine the Sentry POPS Smart Cabinet CDU with the Sentry Power Manager (SPM) software tool to cluster outlets and gain power usage information across multiple Cabinet PDU's individual IP address.
The Sentry Power Manager (SPM) provides power distribution unit power (kW and kW-h) monitoring and environmental monitoring across all Sentry CDU's within the network. Receive email alerts when power or environmental conditions exceed thresholds. Assign users specific access rights to designated outlets or groups.
POPS and Sentry Power Manager can be used to address the following business initiatives for the Data Center Operations Staff and Management:
How much power is our IT equipment using?
- Power information displayed for equipment per individual outlet includes current, voltage, power (kW), apparent power, crest factor and power factor.
What is our Power Usage Effectiveness?
- IT equipment power information generated from Sentry Power Manager (SPM) can be used to calculate PUE and DCIE efficiency ratings from the Green Grid.
How can determining the Power Usage Effectiveness benefit our company?
- PUE and DCiE efficiency a metrics provides the ability to determine how changes affect efficiency to monitor changes in the data center.
How do I identify underutilized and comatose servers as candidates for virtualization or shutdown?
- Outlet utilization is indicated via three reports including: Zero Power Report, Low Power Report and High Power Report.
- Zero Power Report identifies outlets that are not drawing any power.
How do I implement Power Billing for individual departments or at a co-location facility?
- Outlet clustering can be utilized to show an aggregate power reading for these clusters.
How will the Sentry Power Manager interact with my current Building Management System?
- Power and other information can be exported to a Building Management System (BMS) via the ODBC compliant database.
How do I access the power information from a Sentry CDU?
- SPM constantly polls Sentry Cabinet PDUs for power, outlet status and environmental conditions.
What other capabilities can I utilize via the Sentry Power Manager (SPM) and POPS units?
- Configure conditions for alarm notification.