Perle 05060504 S-10G Media Converters 10 Gigabit Ethernet Standalone Converters
- Fiber to Fiber, copper to fiber and copper to copper conversion
- Uses a variety of 10G transceivers supplied by Perle, Cisco or other MSA compliant SFP+ and XFPs
- Advanced features –Smart Link Pass-Through, Fiber Fault Alert, Built-in Link Test Generator and Loopback
- Support for Power Level 1,2,3 as well as high-power Level 4 XFPs
- Optical signal regeneration: 3R (re-amplify, reshape, and retime)
Perle S-10G Media Converters transparently connect 10 Gigabit Ethernet links over multimode or single mode fiber. Each 10GbE Media Converter comes with two pluggable transceiver ports that support fiber to fiber, copper to fiber or copper to copper media conversion. Fiber to Fiber and Copper to Fiber conversion is achieved by inserting XFP or SFP+ fiber transceivers that support multimode and single-mode fiber, including CWDM/DWDM wavelengths. Copper to copper is achieved by inserting SFP+ Direct Attach Cable (DAC), also known as twinax, or XFP 10Gbase-CX4 transceivers.
The empty transceiver ports on the S-10G Media Converters allow for flexible network configurations to meet any requirement using a variety of 10G transceivers supplied by Perle, Cisco or other manufacturers of MSA compliant SFP+ and XFPs. You can use these products to convert:
Perle 10 Gigabit Ethernet to Fiber Converters provide an economical path to extend the distance of an existing 10GbE link. Network Administrators can “see-everything” with Perle’s advanced features such as Smart Link Pass-Through, Fiber Fault Alert, a built-in Link Test capability and Loopback. This allows for more efficient troubleshooting and less on-site maintenance. These cost and time saving features, along with a lifetime warranty and free worldwide technical support, make Perle S-10G Media Converters the smart choice for IT professionals. 10G Media Converters are also available for managed networks with AAA security.