Servers are high-powered machines that offer a one-stop solution for managing a company's diverse workloads while securing sensitive data. It provides supreme adaptability and endless possibilities to strike the perfect balance of scalability and expandability. The high-density servers offer excellent performance, computing power, and versatile storage configurations. Therefore, they help companies to store and manage their network data seamlessly. With high-end servers, hosting data-heavy sites or setting a shared drive for any department becomes easier. Some examples include application servers, database servers, dedicated servers, edge servers, blade servers, cloud servers, etc.
Top Selling Products
Intel Server M20MYP Family€11.04
At a Glance
In this section you will read about :
1. How do servers work/function?
Servers are capable of storing and processing thousands of websites every minute. Therefore, they require specialized technology and a unique build structure to carry out such complicated tasks.
Unlike traditional desktops that use a single hard drive for delivery and storage, servers use RAID. Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks or RAID refers to the data storage virtualization technology that functions simultaneously with multiple hard drives. It combines the physical disk drive components to minimize data redundancy and improve performance.
In a nutshell, the server function with:
- Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks storage
- RAM to provide speed for meeting more requests
- CPU that ensures that all tasks are appropriately allocated to the correct location and proceeding as per the planning
2. What are the benefits of servers?
Servers perform various functionalities like sharing resources or data among multiple clients, performing computations, etc. Depending on your requirement, the servers can be pretty expensive. But are these servers worth your time and money? Of course, because:
- Scalability is one of the primary reasons why companies invest in high-end services. These are specifically designed for connecting multiple devices and access resources to scale up as per your company's growth.
- Dependability as servers come with higher-grade components and in-built redundancy that can lower downtime even when a part fails.
- Initially, it might be an expensive investment that can eventually help one to save money in the future. Since the server will be responsible for bulk processing, storing, and managing multiple devices, the work efficiency increases.
- Excellent online and offline support are available with servers as they run software systems and other services for larger audiences with easy configurations.
- Servers make collaboration easier. Multiple files and data are stored on these servers that can offer access to everyone. So, people from different teams can work on the same project simultaneously by accessing these files directly from the servers.
- Servers always leave room for improvement and expansion. They might not be very powerful like PCs, but high-end ones allow multiple CPUs and RAM slots to accommodate perfectly, delivering excellent performance.
3. What are the various types of servers?
Depending on their functions, shape, software, and hardware, different types of servers are available. Depending on the hardware, servers are available in:
- Tower Servers
- Rack Servers
- Blade Servers
- HCI Systems
The tower servers resemble the tower-style PC. It resides in the standalone cabinet upright position and provides easier cooling, possibly due to the low component density. These are highly affordable and ideal for small businesses on a strict budget. However, they tend to take up more space than other server types.
As the name suggests, the servers are organized in racks and can be configured to offer assistance to a wide range of requirements. Since it remains enclosed in the rack cabinet for security, it is named a rack server. These are widely popular for being highly economical and can be accommodated within smaller computer closets.
These are the compact devices that house various thin, modular circuit boards that are known as server blades. Each blade consists of a single server assigned to a particular application. Being highly dedicated, these servers are ideal for large-scale businesses as the admins have greater control over the data and its transference among other devices. Some of the benefits of using these servers include low-power use, minimal wiring, and storage consolidation.
Hyper-converged infrastructure systems are known for offering simpler alternatives to conventional IT infrastructure. The implementation processes are mainly automated and help with quick hypervisor deployment and software-defined storage implementation.
Client-server architectures were introduced in the 1990s, but they still exist in the market now. They are capable enough to support huge volumes of simultaneous transactions and heavy I/O loads without compromising performance. Primarily prevalent in financial service firms, these servers can help deal with real-time transactions. However, these are expensive and bulky in size.
Got queries about different types of Servers? Are you intrigued to know more about the top brands offering servers at incredible prices? Get in touch with DC Gears, which partners with the premium server selling brands across different countries. Find world's best brands with on-site professional assistance in Europe, 24*7. For more details on the best servers and their prices, call us today!.
DC Gears is a global leader in Data Centers, CyberSecurity, Virtualization, Cloud Computing, NAS Storage, Servers, Network Security, and KVM switches.
We are a pioneer in the integration of IT solutions attributable to our extensive vendor-neutral partnerships. Our solutions encompass greenfield and brownfield projects from the ground up, as well as existing IT system upgrades and modernization.
With 40+ Global offices and 100+ vendor-neutral partners, we offer a unique value proposition that enables local currency billing and regional support.
- Global Logistics Local billing in 33+ countries
- Competitive Prices Get the best rates & discounts
- Custom Solutions Multi-vendor IT solutions
- 24*7*365 Support Online & in-person support