Cloud computing refers to delivering hosted services and on-demand availability of computer resources over the internet. Generally, there are three dominant modes of cloud computing: software as a service or SaaS, infrastructure as a service or IaaS, and platform as a service or PaaS. Furthermore, a cloud can be public, private, hybrid, or multiclouds. The public cloud offers its services to anyone available on the internet. But the private cloud refers to the proprietary network that offers its hosted services only to a restricted number of users with specific permission and access settings. Cloud computing aims to provide scalable access to IT services and computing resources.
Top Selling Products
At a Glance
In this section you will read about :
1. Top must-have cloud computing security features
- Advanced perimeter firewall
- Intrusion detection system with the event logging feature
- Internal firewalls for databases and individual applications
- Data-at-rest encryption
- Strong physical security for tier 5 data centers
2. Security aspects of cloud compute
Consider these three security aspects:
- Identity management for authorizing the application services
- Access control for restricting the entry of users into the cloud environment
- Authentication and authorization to only allow the authenticated users to get access to the sensitive data and applications
3. What is “EUCALYPTUS” in cloud computing?
“EUCALYPTUS” is the acronym for Elastic Utility Computing Architecture For Linking Your Programs To Useful Systems. It refers to the open-source software infrastructure known for implementing clusters in the cloud computing platform. It helps in building hybrid public and private clouds and even creates a data center within the private cloud.
4. What are the top open-source cloud computing platform databases?
A few of the top open-source cloud computing platform databases are:
- MongoDB, the schema-free document-oriented database, is written in C++ and offers high storage space.
- LucidDB is the Java/C++ database required for data warehousing.
- CouchDB is the database system that is based on the Apache server.
5. Why do you need a virtualization platform for cloud implementation?
Virtualization in cloud computing is needed for:
- Decoupling hardware from software systems
- Saving expenses for components like servers and hardware
- Data storage in virtual servers
- Reducing the electricity bills, wastage, and maintenance expenses
6. What is meant by utility computing?
Utility computing refers to the service-provisioning model that helps users pay only for what they wish to use. There is no inclusion of upfront expenses, and it offers plug-in and computing resources that the organization manages.
7. What is meant by cloud bursting?
Cloud bursting is related to hybrid clouds. A given application generally functions either in a local computing environment or the private cloud. In case of additional resource requirements, it can potentially burst” into the public cloud. However, this can add complications to the overall application design.
8. Define system integrators.
Systems integrators are meant to create strategies for making accurate cloud networks and designing cloud platforms. It is achieved by combining software systems, hardware, storage products, and networking from multiple suppliers.
9. Do I need to bring my entire company to the cloud?
No, you never have to bring the entire company to the cloud. One of the most significant advantages of using cloud computing facilities is that one can take the pieces he needs and leave behind the ones that are no longer required.
These cloud computing solutions can include file backups till moving the entire company’s infrastructure to the cloud. But if you do not need to shift the entire company, be clear about your business requirements first.
10. What can I move to the cloud?
Virtually you can move any workload of your company to the cloud. However, it is essential to differentiate according to your business requirements as the different cloud systems offer diverse functions.
The large, monolithic applications running continually are more profitable on-premises. Also, highly regulated companies often keep their applications and sensitive information within their private data centers to avoid unnecessary data security and governance concerns.
11. Does my company need to train my IT staff to manage the cloud?
Depending on the layer of your cloud stack, your company might have to train the IT staff for cloud management. However, most cloud service providers already offer certifications and training to help the client company’s IT staff familiarize themselves with the cloud computing processes for future references.
12. Can companies put their database within the cloud?
Yes. Either allocate a virtual machine within the cloud or simply pay for the database-as-a-service. In each way, the companies can integrate their databases within the cloud without hassles.
13. What is meant by cloud washing?
Cloud washing refers to the practice of using legacy software for running it on the cloud instance for making marketing efforts. Ensure to look beyond your label to check if the product really supports cloud computing or not.
Got queries about different types of cloud computing services? Are you intrigued to know more about the top brands offering high-end cloud computing services at incredible prices? Get in touch with DC Gears, which partners with premium brands offering these cloud-based services across different countries. Find the world's best brands with on-site professional assistance in Europe, 24*7. For more details, call us today!
DC Gears is a global leader in Data Centers, CyberSecurity, Virtualization, Cloud Computing, NAS Storage, Servers, Network Security, and KVM switches.
We are a pioneer in the integration of IT solutions attributable to our extensive vendor-neutral partnerships. Our solutions encompass greenfield and brownfield projects from the ground up, as well as existing IT system upgrades and modernization.
With 40+ Global offices and 100+ vendor-neutral partners, we offer a unique value proposition that enables local currency billing and regional support.
- Global Logistics Local billing in 33+ countries
- Competitive Prices Get the best rates & discounts
- Custom Solutions Multi-vendor IT solutions
- 24*7*365 Support Online & in-person support