IXIa iTap 10 GigaBit Port Aggregator Net Optics
- 24×7 remote and on-site support
- Multi-vendor solutions & services
- Local billing in 33+ countries
- Competitive Price
- Aggregation Flexibility - The iTap 10 GigaBit Port Aggregator combines and regenerates both directions of a full-duplex stream, sending aggregated traffic out one or two separate monitoring ports. Typically, full-duplex monitoring would require two NICs (or a dual-channel NIC) in the monitoring tool—one interface for each side of the full-duplex link. Aggregation allows one or two tools to simultaneously monitor a link using only one NIC per tool. Redundant tools and appliances are now easily attached to the link to monitor data, voice, and video traffic when needed. If a monitoring resource is required elsewhere in the network, at least one tool or appliance is always available to monitor vital traffic. Or, two different types of tools can monitor the same link simultaneously, enabling different groups to obtain the data they need without contention.
- Information Intelligence - The iTap functionality provides displays in GUI form and on the front panel to view link utilization levels in real time. See the size and time of the last peak, when thresholds are exceeded, and more. A 10/100 management port interface enables remote management and monitoring from anywhere in the network, giving you the information you need to quickly respond to network events.
- Enhanced Traffic Monitoring - An optional timestamping function appends a 32-bit timestamp to each packet sent to the monitor ports. This feature provides valuable information for tools that can process timestamp data to analyze detailed network timing. The timestamp includes a bit that indicates which network port the packet originated from. An optional packet slicing function copies only the first N bytes of each packet to the monitor ports, for monitoring applications that only need to see header or front-of-packet information. Use of this feature can substantially reduce bandwidth on the monitor ports so even high rates of full-duplex traffic won’t exceed the monitor port or tool capacity. Packet slicing is also useful for applications such as lawful intercept where the monitor tool may be legally prohibited from seeing packet payload data. Additional options for conditioning the data copied to the monitor ports includes the ability to drop packets with CRC errors, to regenerate good CRC check bytes, and to restrict the maximum packet size to an amount set by the user.
- Reliability - Because of the amount of traffic and business dependency on today’s networks it is important that 100 percent of the data that crosses a link, even layer 1 and 2 errors, is captured. When Span ports, hubs, or installing a tool or appliance in-line are not options, an in-line Tap provides the right alternative for compliance, forensics, and network and applications trouble-shooting. In the event the monitoring tool or Tap exhibits a power outage, the Net Optics hardware-based Fast Path function ensures that traffic across the link is not interrupted. Traffic to the monitor ports is stopped, but quickly re-established once power returns. Redundant power connections in the Tap provide unsurpassed uptime protection.
Passive, Secure Technology
- Two-line display for at-a-glance utilization monitoring
- Threshold LED alarms
- Remote traffic statistics and control
- Security options control user access
- Supports full-duplex monitoring with a single NIC
Operating Temperature: 0C to 40C
Storage Temperature: -10C to 70C
Relative Humidity: 10% min, 95% max, non condensing
Input: 100-240 VAC, 0.5A, 47-63Hz
Output: 12V, 5A
Dimensions: 1.375" high x 11.0" deep x 8.75" wide
Cable Type: Singlemode, Corning 8.5/125¬µm, wavelength 1310nm
Transceiver: Gigabit LR 1310nm
50/50: Network Port, 3.7 dB
Cable Type: Multimode, Corning 50/125¬µm, wavelength 850nm
Transceiver: Gigabit SR 850nm
50/50: Network Port, 4.5 dB
Command Line Interface: Any terminal emulation software
Net Optics WebManager: Any browser
Monitor Ports: (2) XFP slots for XFP modular connectors
Network Ports: (2) Duplex LC connectors
Fully RoHS compliant